Product Owner IoT (Internet of Things) F&B
In an increasingly competitive marketplace that has seen the consumption of beverages grow rapidly, producers must have highly flexible and sustainable processes. Pentair helps its partners & customers meet these challenges with its advanced Food & Beverage products, technologies and services. With strong brands like Haffmans, Südmo and Pentair.
The F&B business unit has identified IoT as one of the most important pillars for achieving future success. The possibilities and benefit for our partners & customers are enormous. Think of self-adapting systems & processes, prescriptive maintenance software, augmented- and virtual reality based services, IoT enabled valves and measuring equipment.
In the last years, the IoT team has made great progress with solutions that make a real impact for our customers using state-of-the-art technology and architecture. The IoT team in Enschede consists of eight highly motivated people supported by global & external teams. Each team member has his/her own (technical) expertise and responsibility. The team can be described as ambitious, open, talented, young and driven to achieve success. Because of the strong business growth and changed responsibility, we are looking to expand.
Your responsibility @ Pentair:
As the IoT Product Owner F&B, you are a member of the Agile IoT Team responsible for defining Stories and prioritization of the team backlog to streamline the execution of program priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the Features or components for the team. Together with the other stakeholders, you ensure that the customer is privy to optimum results encompassing budget and time.
You will also:
- Define and provide input for user input stories, details and priorities, establish story acceptance criteria, accept stories into the baseline
- Instruct the UX team to come up with the required wireframes, which need to be in line with (customer) requirements
- Facilitate backlog refinement sessions to have a backlog prepared for the next iterations
- Understand and articulate the business value of features, to the scrum team(s) and to the stakeholders
- Support team(s) in understanding the customer requirements and to ensure the feature/product is built according to the specifications
- Keep the stakeholders and other team members up to date on the product development progress so that everyone is on the same page
- Collaborate with the product team to ensure dependencies are managed efficiently
- Collaborate with the Product manager IoT to define vision and roadmap for multiple product lines
- Collaborate with peers in other Pentair business units and the global IoT Innovation Center to leverage global support resources, drive standardization of IoT methodologies and adoption of best practices
Your Skills and Experiences are:
- Bachelor’s Degree is a minimum requirement, Master’s is a preference
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Owner in software development environment or tech industry
- Certified product owner or willing to become certified
- Proven experience with Agile methodology
- Deep technical knowledge in Agile software development (Jira platform)
- Business knowledge in the Food & Beverage industry / Industry 4.0 is a plus
- Excellent communication in both technical and nontechnical (English), at various levels within the company
- You are a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Strong analytical thinking, attention to detail and consistent follow-through
- Eager to learn, understand, and apply new methode
- Experience in working with IoT vendors / third party service providers is a plus
- Basic experience with Amazon Web Service Infrastructure and Platform as a Service tools are a plus
- Basic knowledge of Data Analytics / Machine Learning / AI are a plus
- Willingness to travel internationally and locally several times a year to other Pentair locations, congresses/exhibitions and customer
- We are looking for an excellent team player, a problem solver who sees challenges, and acts on those, Do you have what it takes? Interested candidates, who meet the requirements above, are encouraged to apply today!
At Pentair, you will work along-side passionate problem-solvers who are committed to the future and are focused on creating a healthier world for all. Throughout our 120 global locations, our values guide us as we create innovative solutions for the world’s water challenges. We bring water to life!