Field Service Engineer (tijdelijke functie heden-fb/mrt 2021)
The Field Service Engineer is part of a team, providing highly visible customer support by execution of on-site preventive and corrective maintenance; checking and approving operational quality of system equipment, overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems. Checks out and approves operational quality of system equipment. Supports customers during the operation and maintenance of the system. Serves as company liaison with customers on administrative and technical matters. Interprets customers’ needs and determines if the responsibility for problem resolution falls to Saab’s Customer Support Manager, Project Manager, Customer Support Engineer or Systems Engineering. Provides technical expertise for proposal development, performs site surveys and delivers a contribution in developing installation documentation and instructions.
Coordinates on-site activities where other parties are involved.
- Perform preventive maintenance as defined in the contract for the identified systems.
- Perform corrective maintenance as defined in the contract for the identified systems.
- Deliver feedback from carried out actions towards the incident administration.
- Escalate towards relevant stakeholders.
- Contribute in the evaluation of operational systems and/or support contracts.
- Support Contract Responsible and System Engineering Leader in understanding, addressing, resolving and communicating ongoing customer support incident reports, service issues and opportunities.
- Provide technical expertise for proposal- and product/system development.
Support and perform installation activities in the IPC - Transition Process phase during project execution.
- This position requires to participate in the standby service.
- This position requires extensive travelling within The Netherlands. Occasionally also travelling outside the Netherland is required.
- Climbing and working at height, working with electrical systems (high voltage), working with radars (radiation).
- This positions requires ability to work under heavy weather conditions, noisy environments and other health and safety restricted zones.
- Secondary Vocational Education (level 4) in a relevant subject (e.g. Electronics, Engineering) or relevant experience.
- Communicate fluently in Dutch and English in both speech as in writing.
- Relevant field service experience in a technical environment.
- Relevant training and certification, including health and safety, for access and performing work at customer’s locations