Foseco is not only a supplier of foundry material. Their service goes far beyond material supply. We work the Foseco way – excellent products, application expertise, proactive advice, and consultancy. Foseco is a partner to build on.
They offer a wide range of foundry products and services to meet the requirements of iron, steel, and non ferrous foundries to help reduce defects, improve casting quality and optimize production costs.
In April 2008, Foseco was acquired by Vesuvius, a global leader in metal flow engineering, providing a full range of engineering services and solutions to its customers worldwide, principally serving the steel and foundry industries. Vesuvius has a proud heritage of bringing innovation to the markets we serve. They have more than 200 technical experts supported by local development teams around the world to ensure they meet the needs of their customers’ needs. With 7 research centers across the globe, Vesuvius continues to lead innovation in our industry.
Foseco is looking for a:
European Application Engineer - Ferrous Metal Treatment (FMT)
This role entails being responsible for the Foseco Foundry Europe's FMT product group. You will work in cloise liaison with regional and local management, to ensure marketing policies and best practice transfer are implemented across the European region, and that appropriate focus is maintained on strategic product development and portfolio mangemetn for the whole life cycle of the product group.
- Management of the product group life cycle/portfolio, taking into consideration specific market requirements. Close relation with operation / third party manufacturers.
- Be responsible for providing support, guidance and training for Local Product Managers, Sales and Application Engineers for the related product area as well as best practice transfer among the local operating companies.
- Lead projects at key strategic customers, together with local teams where the European Product Management is involved.
- Convene and/or support technical seminars, both internal and external, present/publish relevant technical papers.
- Assist the European M&T Function in the budgeting and strategic planning process.
- Perform competitive analysis. Monitor and communicate relevant competitive activities.
- Define product specification according to customer requirements; be involved in defining quality control procedures, together with QM, QA and R&D personnel.
- Proactive interaction with the Supply Chain, support of capacity planning and future manufacturing requirements. Lead recipe engineering projects. This will involve regular meetings with internal manufacturing and suppliers of key factored products.
- Management of all SKU's to maximise manufacturing efficiency by elimination of unnecessary proliferation of SKU´s.
- Monitoring of product portfolio offering.
- Implementation and control of product launches.
- Lead new product development, including the idea generation process, idea screening, prioritisation, development project plans, monitoring of development work, co-ordination of customer trials and transfer of new products into production.
- Establish relationships with external institutes and third-party developers.
- Relevant degree-level education in metallurgy/foundry/chemistry, plus a sound knowledge of foundry casting technology; minimum 5-10 years foundry industry experience, including at least three years directly involved with Ferrous Metal Treatment applications.
- A minimum of two European languages (English must be one of them) with a third European language such as Italian, France or Spanish would be an added value, high level mathematical abilities/PC skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to understand and interface with the different cultures and management styles, understanding of technical development requirements.
- European Product Managers have a high degree of autonomy and are expected to take responsibility for prioritisation of work, in response to Operating Companies requirements and opportunities, as well as in support of the strategic objectives.
Do you think you would fit this position perfectly and do you want to start a career at Foseco? Push the blue 'solliciteren' button! For further information or questions, do not hesitate to contact Anne Arts at [email protected]