At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
What you will be part of
Within the business area Industrial Products and Services, we provide a wide range of solutions and services, including aero structures, avionics systems, consultancy, and traffic management.
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are three operating units within TM:
- Air Traffic Management (ATM), provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions;
- Maritime Traffic Management (MTM), delivers an integrated suite of solutions for waterway authorities, port and terminal operators, ship owners and the off-shore industry.
- Public Safety focuses on delivering control room solutions for defense, critical infrastructure, public safety and enterprise organizations world-wide.
ATM has its headquarter Saab Sensis in USA (Syracuse), Saab AB offices in Sweden (Gothenburg and Växjö) and Saab Technologies B.V. in The Netherlands (Apeldoorn). In Apeldoorn the office is shared with MTM. ATM Apeldoorn offers, develops, deliver and support ground surveillance systems in air traffic control towers worldwide together with the other ATM offices.
We are seeking a Business Controller for Saab ATM in The Netherlands.
You will be part of a small team with finance professionals within ATM and work closely with finance professionals in Apeldoorn, part of MTM. In this role you will report to the CFO ATM, located in Syracuse (USA) and Manager Operations ATM The Netherlands (Apeldoorn).
You are responsible for:
- Support in the winning and executing business processes, ensuring all financial matters are addressed and understood by the organization
- Accurate financial analyses e.g. cash flow, milestones and project margins
- Managing and coordinating all treasury related activities, including cash flow, foreign exchange hedge contracts, bank guarantees and letter of credits
- Accurately analyzing the financial results and deviations in forecasts and suggesting/taking needed corrective action
- Preparing, reviewing and leading an efficient business planning process including forecasting and supporting the Manager Operations ATM in setting targets
- Ensuring that the financial results are well communicated within the organization
- Supporting the audits within the organization
- Coordinating with other business controllers within ATM and Saab Technologies in Apeldoorn
- Coordinating with manager Automation and Surveillance, Manager Operations ATM Apeldoorn, project managers, account managers and bid managers
- Reporting for tax related issues, mainly foreign situations in coordination with Manager Accounting
- Reviewing and interpreting financial reporting requirements, rules and regulations
- Suggesting improvements to financial business processes and tools
Your experience and skills:
- Bachelor in Business Economics or in Accounting & Auditing
- Minimum 5-10 years of working experience in international environment
- Excellent understanding of finance and general accounting; working knowledge of IFRS
- Hands-on and flexible
- Able to work independently but also in close cooperation with your team and other teams within Saab
- Knowledge about Dutch tax and preferably also international tax
- Interest and quick learning in software tools, system proficiency
- Communicate fluently in English (Dutch is an advantage)
- The ability and willingness to work in a highly demanding and dynamic environment
- This position requires occasional international travel