Thales Nederland is active in the Defence and Security sectors and is, with about 2000 employees, a top provider of high-tech jobs. Product innovation and swift anticipation of the newest technological possibilities are the mainsprings of our business. Examples are radar, communication and command & control systems for naval ships and communication, security and payment systems for trade and industry. Thales Nederland is part of the Thales Group, which has a workforce of 68.000 in more than 50 countries making it one of Europe’s largest electronics companies.
The Solution Engineering Group performs all system engineering activities for the realization of a command & control system on board of naval ships. To strengthen our group, we are looking for enthusiastic and motivated System Engineer Infrastructure.
What is your role?
In this role, you will work in a team that is responsible for the design, development, and validation of a control system. Working within the Scrum/Agile methodologies the team is made up of the representatives of the customer, suppliers of subsystems, and other experts involved in the project.
What will you do?
· Review operational needs together with the customer.
· Define the functional behavior of the system.
· Review required IT solutions with architects and related product teams.
· Develop solutions related to IT infrastructure.
· Develop solutions related to Cyber security.
· Oversee technical issues of subcontracts during the development of projects.
· Demonstrate the solution to the customer.
Why you'd be a good match?
· Degree in electrical engineering, computer science, aerospace engineering, or a similar field;
· A broad interest in technology;
· Excellent communication skills.
· High level of creativity, initiative, pragmatism, and persuasiveness.
· At least 5 years of experience in System Engineering.
· Aptitude for project management.
· Fluent in English both written and spoken.
· Open to international travel.
· Up to date with the latest trends in IT technology and Cyber security.
· Experienced within Cyber Security guidelines.
· An interesting job within a fun team in an international high-tech company environment;
· Opportunities for personal development and growth;
· Opportunities to grow within the organisation;
· An open and flexible working environment, where a good work-life balance is important;
· Good working conditions, including 40 vacation days per year.