Innovative Process Technology | Noise Control | Technology & Commerce
We are looking for an eager Application Engineer with a solid basis in Acoustical or Mechanical Engineering that can join the CECO Burgess Aarding Team to drive the global business and sustainable growth of our organization. Your aim as a member of their team is to support, coordinate and work to develop their business for Acoustical Solutions. You will work from the European office in Nunspeet (The Netherlands).
Where will you be working?
CECO Burgess Aarding is a leading company in noise attenuation for gas turbine and process equipment in the power and petrochemical industry. They develop, design, build, and deliver equipment to major OEMs, EPCs customers and plant owners world-wide. The provide customized solutions based on a proven track record in design, engineering, and manufacturing of Gas Turbine Exhaust Systems, Acoustical Components, Dampers and Expansion Joints. CECO Burgess Aarding also provides clean and safe industrial air quality solutions by controlling hazardous gas and odour emissions, volatile organic compound (VOC) and particulate abatement, or particle recovery. CECO Burgess Aarding is part of CECO Environmental, which is a global leading industrial company in environmental protection. CECO protects the operating and natural environment everywhere we
serve. They provide Environmental (e.g., noise attenuation, process water, emissions) and Applied Solutions (catalyst recovery, process packages, fluid handling and separation). CECO is listed on Nasdaq under the ticker symbol "CECE".
What is your assignment?
The ambition of our CECO Industrial Solutions Team is to become the number one supplier of customized industrial silencers. As an Application Engineer you will become the heart of our acoustical knowledge to advise and support our valuable customers. Your role will be the foundation to achieve this growth in knowledge and expertise so that we become the supplier of choice for any acoustical challenges our valued customers might have.
• You will develop a strong knowledge and understanding revolving around Acoustic Technologies for a wide range of industries;
• The role will be heavily orientated around problem solving and being able to take on challenges to support customers with viable technical and commercial solutions;
• You play an influential role in the front-end sales and engineering aspects of our business by developing technical proposals, cost estimates, current internal tools, and commercial propositions, in line with customer tender documents and specifications;
• Develop new internal process to maximize efficiency and productivity by automized and enhancing internal procedures;
• Be part of front-end technology enhancements and support with innovating new technologies and commercialization to the market;
• You will be the technical sparring partner for our sales staff and customers during the selling stage of our projects and supporting project execution team with handovers;
• Contribute to company’s sales targets and profitable revenue generation;
• Prepare and develop technical and engineering documents for tendering and smooth project execution;
• You will be responsible for the CECO Burgess Aarding Silencer portfolio.
Within your first year as an Application Engineer, you will be the first point of contact to understand the Acoustical challenge of the customer and interpret this and develop a cost-effective solution that will ensure the noise pollution is minimized to protect the shared environment.
You report to the Senior Global Sales Director and work closely with colleagues in the diverse and inclusive teams within CECO Burgess Aarding and other CECO-entities. They provide mentorship and learning on the job for the selected candidate. You can rely on rich knowledge network and extensive experience within the CECO team.
What do you have to offer?
• A bachelor or master’s degree, preferably in Process or Mechanical Engineering;
• 0-5 years of relevant international working experience and knowledge, preferably in a project-oriented company of the market for Power and Petrochemical Applications (Silencers is a plus);
• Ability to understand process flow diagrams, engineering drawings and customer specifications for manufacturing industries;
• Ability to understand datasheets and hydraulic requirements and translate these into acoustical and hydraulic calculations for our silencer designs;
• High energy level, take ownership, well organized, disciplined in execution and can-do mentality;
• Strong analytical and excellent (intercultural) communication skills and a team player;
• Perfect knowledge of the English language;
• Willingness to travel up to 5%.
What do you get in return?
It’s a unique opportunity for tomorrow’s talent who like to work for a company with a clear purpose and loves to learn, develop, and grow! Within CECO Burgess Aarding you will be given the freedom to create and give meaning to your role as an Application Engineer. You will be working in an international field that values innovation, quality, and long-term commitment to employees as well as customers. This role will create significant growth potential for you and the organization. We are offering a market competitive salary based on your experience and competencies. You will be part of a warm, diverse, and inclusive team, and have plenty of room for your personal development.
Are you interested?
Then apply via the button above and leave your resume and motivation. We only accept complete applications. If you have any questions, please contact Sophie Schellevis at 074-2469210.